October 23, 2011 Updated May 1, 2019 By Arlene Mobley 188 Comments
This Alfredo Sauce with milk recipe is amazing and also the easiest homemade alfredo recipe with milk you’ll ever make.
When compared with other homemade alfredo recipes it’s a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce without cream or cream cheese however, you were not sure it.
Yes, you may make an incredibly scrumptious Alfredo recipe with milk rather of cream!
Alfredo Sauce with Milk
My Easy Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce is made from milk.
It’s the best Alfredo sauce recipe available without cream cheese or cream.
You can refer to it as a thin alfredo sauce but when you taste it you won’t ever buy jarred Alfredo sauce again!
Join the Flour On My Small Face e-newsletter which means you never miss a recipe!
Easy Alfredo Sauce
Steps to make homemade Alfredo sauce with milk rather of cream
After I would be a child my mother will make a homemade white-colored sauce to pour over vegetables.
I loved this homemade sauce growing up and it’s most likely the main reason I ate vegetables like green spinach and Brussel sprouts when i was becoming an adult.
Eventually a couple of years back (ha like 12 years back but who’s counting?) I had been within the mood for many Fettuccine Alfredo but didn’t have Alfredo sauce on hands.
I made the decision to create my very own alfredo sauce while using recipe my mother made like a base.
At that time, I had no clue how an alfredo sauce is made.
Years later after i looked up I saw most alfredo recipes have cream cheese added or cream.
To tell the truth, I favor the way in which my homemade alfredo sauce tastes a lot better.
This homemade alfredo sauce recipe created using milk is thick wealthy and creamy.
By which makes it yourself you are able to season it for your own liking.
Easy Alfredo sauce with milk
This easy homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe makes enough Alfredo sauce to pay for 1 pound of fettuccine noodles.
You are able to divide it in two quickly and easily if you want to make a smaller sized amount.
You may also half the alfredo sauce recipe and omit the Mozzarella dairy product and employ it like a cream sauce for more than vegetables if you’re away from the mood for fettuccine Alfredo.
Homemade Alfredo sauce recipe without cream
Steps to make Homemade Alfredo Sauce with milk
- Prepare the pasta as directed around the box within the salted water.
- Start boiling water about ten minutes before you begin making your sauce.
- You need to possess the pasta ready at comparable time your sauce is going to be finished.
To help make the Alfredo sauce:
- Add some butter, salt, and pepper to some heavy, medium-sized pot. Heat more than a medium heat. You don’t desire to use not big enough of the pot since you will be whisking the sauce because it cooks and thickens. When the pot is simply too small the sauce could splash and drip within the side from the pot creating a big mess.
- When the butter has melted add some flour and whisk until smooth, removing all protuberances in the flour.
- Gradually pour the milk in and whisk until smooth again. Turn heat up a little to around medium-high.
- Add cup of grated Mozzarella dairy product, whisk until combined. Taste to find out if the taste of Parmesan is powerful enough for you personally. Otherwise, add some remaining Mozzarella dairy product.
- Continue whisking before the sauce has thickened, 5 to eight minutes. The sauce will thicken even more because it cools. Whether it thickens an excessive amount of before you combine it with your pasta thin it after some pasta water or milk.
- Drain your pasta and set right into a large bowl. Pour the Alfredo sauce within the pasta and blend before the pasta is also coated.
- Serve immediately having a crusty french bread or perhaps a slice of homemade white-colored bread.
Print the Alfredo Sauce with milk recipe below
This homemade alfredo sauce recipe is extremely versatile.
You may make a cheese sauce by substituting the mozzarella dairy product with cheddar cheese.
If you want just a little spice for your fettuccine Alfredo sauce sprinkle teaspoon of red pepper flakes within the sauce whenever you take it out of heat.