- 46 oz of clear chicken broth.
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped green onions.
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch diluted in 2/3 cup of cold water
- 4 large eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1 cup of firm tofu cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced common mushrooms
- 1/4 cup or just a little less of frozen, sweet green peas
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil
To make egg flower soup bring the broth to a simmer. Add peas, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and green onions to the simmering broth. Allow the vegetables to cook for roughly five minutes.
While gently stirring the mixture, slowly add the eggs. Stir for a minute and then add the tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch.
Lastly, cover and allow to simmer for around 7-10 minutes.Egg flower soup is ideal as a starter dish.
Egg flower soup,